There is no better place than Culebra to enjoy the benefits of solar cooking.
Whether it’s rice & beans (arroz y habichuelas) or coq au vin, caramel flan or carrot cake – with the Solavore Sport you simply “set it and forget it”. Food never burns or boils dry, and since you use less (or no water) it’s healthier – vitamins and nutrients stay put. You’ll want to try all of your family favorites in the light of the sun!
Solar cooking in Culebra is a natural. We have hours of sunshine virtually every day, even with morning showers or the occasional afternoon squall. And what’s also true about living in Culebra are the beaches, waves, boats (or a hammock in the shade) beckoning. Who wants to spend the afternoon tending dinner over the stove?
Solavore Sport Solar Oven
- Casing is made from rugged nylon plastic for weatherability and durability. No BPA's.
- It's tough but light, only 9 pounds.
- Insulation is one inch closed-cell foam, does not absorb moisture.
- The lid's double layer creates dead air space for enhanced insulation.
- The oven holds two 10-inch pots (included) or your favorite lasagna pan!
- The floor dimension of the oven is 9 1/4 inches x 17 1/2 inches- yes, you can bake cookies!
- All oven components are made in the USA.
- Uses no fossil fuel - only the free energy of the sun.
Best of all – your purchase helps to bring the healthy magic of solar cooking to families all around the world.
Each Solavore Sport comes with:
two granite ware pots (3 quarts each) with lids
water pasteurization indicator (WAPI)
user manual with quick-start solar cooking recipes
Add optional detachable reflectors to extend your solar cooking range. Great for baking. Cook year-round - even up north, far from the sun belt. Just $39.50.
WHEN YOU ORDER (Special instructions for Culebra shipments):
1. Select "Puerto Rico" in the Country drop down. You will see a charge of $15 appear on your order total.
2. Enter Promo Code "culebra" on the checkout page. This will give you your $15 back!