Straight from the kitchen of our CEO, this is the recipe for "foolproof" rice in the Solavore Sport.
- Use organic long grain brown rice
- Using a heavy non-stick pan, sauté rice in 1-2 T olive oil for 1-2 minutes on med-hi stove-top. Transfer to Sport pot.
- For liquid, I use vegetable broth instead of water. (Using instant broth means you have to start with boiling water which gives a nice boost to solar cooking rice.)
- Use 25% less liquid than the directions call for (if the package says 2 cups, use 1 1/2).
- Add salt.
- Place in solar oven for 4 hours - or all day if you're away. Try to resist the temptation to open; no stirring required.