This baked french toast was adapted for solar cooking from an original recipe found on pinchofyum.com. This easy recipe is a great way to feed a crowd for brunch, and use up some of those leftover dinner rolls from Thanksgiving!
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 1 can regular coconut milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the solar oven. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces. Arrange evenly in a greased 8x12 baking dish, or split evenly between your round graniteware pots.
- Whisk the coconut milk, milk, eggs, and vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Pour the milk mixture over the bread, covering all pieces. Bake for approximately 2.5 hours. When finished, the french toast bake will be slightly puffy and firm (shouldn't jiggle when you shake it back and forth).
- Top with fruit if desired and serve with maple syrup.