Solar oven chicken mole is extremely easy, and delicious served over rice. The recipe makes two pots of chicken that cook together in the Solavore Sport. If you'd like to free up your second pot to cook rice, just cut the recipe in half.
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 12)
- Coarse salt
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed, or 2 t. ancho chile powder
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
1. Season chicken thighs with salt and divide between two Solavore Sport pots.
2. In a blender, puree tomatoes, onion, ancho and chipotle chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, garlic, oil, cumin, and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Add tomato mixture to Sport pot(s), cover, and cook with reflectors until chicken is tender, 2-3
hours (or 4-6 hours without reflectors). Serve chicken and sauce topped with cilantro.